Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday

This morning, the frost was so heavy I have to start my car to clear the windshield. I had already removed the scraper. Silly me, thinking that because it's the middle of May, the winter weather was over.
We are giving tests to juniors again. I'm bending over backwards to get these done! I enjoy saying wong. I chuckle every time I say it. Wong. White and wong.
I'd like to break into a Home Depot at night and build a complete house. Everything I would need is there. I'd probably need help because, well, I'm just not that fast.
The Ag kids are in Baltimore today, and the Chorus kids are in NYC. Who's left.
Normally I don't count days of the year left, but I do know in the back of my head that we're in the teens. Perhaps it's even less than that. We are approaching a four day weekend which is delightful, but the weather doesn't appear that it will be very agreeable. How can weather be agreeable? Who talks like that?
I should mention that lightning struck the neighbor's house on Saturday night and blew up their chimney. One of the pieces of brick broke the other neighbor's car window. Yesterday while mowing, I discovered a number of pieces of brick in the yard, one all the way in the back of our property. Then we discovered that a piece had hit my daughter's bedroom window, went through the screen, tearing a hole in it, and then chipping the window. The piece of brick was still resting on the window sill. Weird, because that had to go through a pretty big oak tree to get there. I'm sure glad there was something in the way to slow down the speed of it or we'd be replacing a window.

1 comment:

B. Christman said...

How dare you think the winter weather is over just because it's the middle of spring? (I love sarcasm. :P)

I hate the G-RADEs... they're so easy and dull and just... blech...

I could see somebody doing that. The employees would open the store and a house would be right there. I can already see the story on the news... haha...

Let's see... not counting today, there are ten school days... add in the six days for the weekends... we're looking at 16 days until the end of school... wow... I just realized that I'm not ready for school to be over...

Lightning struck your neighbor's house? That's so cool! It's pretty lucky that the tree was there to slow down the piece of brick.

See you Period 11!