Monday, May 11, 2009

I'll give a bit of a recap of the weekend.
Friday at 4 am. Leave Jonestown. Drive to Baltimore Washington International Airport. Flight out at 7:40. Arrive in Orlando, 9:40. Rent van. Pick up cap, gown and tickets. Drive to condo. Stop on the way and get Chipotle. Go to condo. Eat. Change. Drive to Walt Disney World. Get in with the help of Danny, a friend who owes my daughter a favor. Get fast passes to Soarin' at Epcot, walk to Disney Hollywood Studios, ride Tower of Terror, Rockin' Roller Coaster, watch Block Party parade, line up for American Idol Experience, watch that, head back to Epcot, ride Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, grab a bite, ride Soarin', Mexico, and then find spots to view IllumiNations. View IllumiNations. Walk to car, drive home. Crash.
Saturday we leave to commencement at 6:55am (a bit later than I'd like). Get seated. Watch for my daughter. Commencement ends at 11:00. Drop off gown and head home, stopping for lunch on the way. Saturday afternoon, nap. Dinner at Ruth Chris' Steakhouse at 6. Eat like pigs. Back to condo, back to WDW and the Boardwalk. Kids go to Jellyrolls. I go home with Mrs. Miller. Sunday morning. Come home.
That's the abbreviated version. I'll fill in some blanks later.

4 comments:

B. Christman said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend. Mine wasn't all that great. The only exciting thing that happened was that my brother proposed to his girlfriend on Sunday. She said yes.

Mr. Miller said...

Do they ever say no? I have always wondered, then people do that whole thing, like sky writing or having it on the scoreboard at a major league jumbotron, they should say no. Public humiliation! Sometimes it's just fun.

B. Christman said...

I don't think I've ever heard of a case where somebody said no. But I think doing the whole skywriting or scoreboard thing is pretty much making it so they have to say yes.

The most I'd be willing to do is propose in front of family and friends.

Erin said...

You know if someone proposed to me with a blimp or on the scoreboard of a baseball game, I'd say no, just because no one ever does. haha. And ew, that's not even romantic, at a baseball game??? ew no.

I'm more into a proposal at some fancy restaurant that you know the guy had to bust his butt to get you into where the napkins cost forty dollars to use....hahaha, not really but, a fancy restaurant setting is more romantic than a stinken baseball game.

Or at home, in front of my friends and family. I don't know