Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Jury Duty

Just when I thought I had my summer plans pretty well established, along comes a summons for jury duty the very same week that I was planning to be in Florida. So, I may be trying the new flights in and out of Harrisburg via Air Tran. I looked on line last night and I think I could fly from Orlando to Harrisburg on July 5th for $54. That's less than I'd pay for gas to drive. All I need is a ride from the airport home.

I took the cover off the pool. I don't know how those worms get in the pool, but they do. The bottom of the pool is covered in dead worms. Covered may be a bit of a misnomer. Suffice it to say, there are a lot of dead worms.

The weather for the weekend looks a bit tentative. We don't have school on Friday and Monday. For all of the complaints about those few days where other schools didn't have school and we did, I bet you aren't sorry now. Long weekend!

I went to a church softball game last night. My son had a grandslam home-run. It's wasn't one of those cheap ones where someone bobbles the ball or it goes through the outfielder's legs, it was hit well over the left fielder's head and he really didn't have to run fast to make it home.

I voted yesterday. There weren't any lines like there were for the presidential election. There were more people working the polls than voting. I wonder if when I retire, I'll work the polls. One of the women was a former teacher, my kids' former teacher, so we chatted about the kids and school. People always ask the same questions. How many days are left? Are you counting the days? How was your year? Things like that. I never really know how to respond. I don't talk a lot about work when I'm not at work. I like my students though they could be more motivated at times. I'm sure they feel that way about me.

2 comments:

B. Christman said...

I find it hard to believe that anybody in our class would want you to be more motivated. That would mean more work, and I know that nobody would want that. ^_^

Archeanthus said...

I think the lack of motivation is contagious. One of us started to be unmotivated, probably me, and WHOOSH, everyone is unmotivated.

Such is life I guess.