Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday

The fog was thick this morning as I headed off to work. I felt as though pulling out of the community was a gamble which I won. I clicked on the high beams so other cars could more readily see me. When I arrived here at school, I was frustrated to find someone has parked in my parking space. That's just wrong. It's my space. My space. I want to have it towed.
I am glad it's Friday. It's also payday. I have direct deposit. You know, we really are in some ways a cashless society. Most of my bills are paid through electronic transfers or the occasional check or two.
I have come to the conclusion that people are much more annoyed by little things, like having someone park in my space.
The juniors are watching a movie today. They won something. I don't remember what they won but they did. Congratulations juniors.
I haven't begun a new book lately. I'm not sure what I want to read. I was juggling three books a couple weeks ago and now I have none. I can't decide if I want to read something for pleasure or intellectual stimulation or neither or both. I'm hearing a lot about James Patterson. I suppose I should read something by him. I think I did two summers ago but I don't really remember what it was I read.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

2 comments:

B. Christman said...

If you're looking for a good read, I suggest Duma Key by Stephen King. The Dante Club is pretty good too... I forget who the author is though...

I hope you find something to read and that you have a great weekend!

Stephen said...

Just for kicks...here is a very recent (today) happiness article.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20090518/sc_livescience/happinessisbeingoldmaleandrepublican

i figured you could maybe use it in a discussion tomorrow.