Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Back at school. It's already Tuesday. We were quite fortunate with the weather. Today is what meteorologists call yukky. Yesterday was quite delightful. I got a good bit accomplished around the house. We built our house nearly 20 years ago so there are some things that are a bit dated. I changed the accent lights out front, replacing the old ones with new ones that are designed to look old, rewiring them. The hardest part was finding which breaker to throw so as not to electrocute myself (my wife kept saying electrify, that was cute). I also discovered that though solar lights don't required electricity, the rechargeable batteries which are required by them are very expensive.
My seniors are done. Their finals are this week. We wrote an essay in lieu of a final exam, and those were collected on Thursday.
Not much else going on. I'm trying to get these essays read, but they are tedious, not that they aren't wonderful, it's just difficult staying focused on them for a time.
I have made a decision. I won't watch anything to do with the Gosselins. I think their story is being exploited by TLC and in turn the media and in turn the sponsors. The only way to end this vicious cycle is to stop watching the show, stop reading the stories and blogs, and stop paying attention to this created "reality show". It's not reality. Perhaps it was at one point, but now it's celebrity. TLC stand for The Learning Channel, but sadly, I wonder what any of us learn from watching the shows that are featured. Give me Dirty Jobs and Deadliest Catch. They are reality. The rest, well, it's just the rest.

No comments: