Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Welcome Back

Welcome back from a delightful break. Please be using the computers appropriately. I wouldn't want anyone to get in trouble for you not using the computers correctly. Harry Kalas passed away yesterday. He was in the booth preparing for the game with Washington. I think he was 73. He must have really loved his job because most people at that age have long since retired. I did watch Chariots of Fire but I didn't get to watch Brave Heart yet. That one appears to be about three hours long.
Tonight is the season premiere of Deadliest Catch. Friday was the finale of Friday Night Lights. I wasn't sure how they were going to end the season but I must admit, they set it up for next season. I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it but basically the coach is was offered another job, he was ousted as the coach at the school he was coaching, but he will be taking a job at a new school which is being reopened and which will compete with his old school. All very interesting and all very political, but of course, there will be an intense rivalry between the old school team and the new school team. I wonder where his wife will work and where his daughter will go. It's not really important and the writers have a whole season to figure it out.
Ham. Ham makes older people retain water. I'm retaining water. I ate ham. I'm old. We have lots of leftovers but I don't want to eat them because I don't want to retain more water.
My car is getting inspected tomorrow. I fear the worst. I know there's a new muffler in the works, and I know we've got a bit of oil leaking. Don't know from where other than the car. So that's tomorrow. I got one of my tax refunds yesterday. That was a nice surprise. Though and expected surprise.
Go Phillies.

2 comments:

personality: unique said...

tax refunds are the best!

steven beck said...

Brave Heart is one of the best movies ever!