Thursday, April 9, 2009

Another random dress down day!

Today is a bonus dress down day. Typically, the first Friday of the month benefits the American Cancer Society. The third benefits the teachers' scholarship fund and each year we give two scholarships to deserving seniors. I believe the amount is $1500 each but I'm not sure if that's still the amount. This one benefits the Ronald McDonald House near Hershey Medical Center and the teachers' association will match all contributions. I think it's a good cause.

We don't have school tomorrow. I think a lot of people have already begun their vacation, even if just mentally. I am reading three different books right now. They are totally different, so it's not confusing, but I think this weekend when I have a bit of extra time, I'm going to try to get one done and not start anything new until they are all completed. I plan to watch two movies, Braveheart, and Chariots of Fire. Those these are both famous movies, I have never watched them. I'd like to thank Mr. Wentling for loaning them to me.

We have no school tomorrow. Today is my son's birthday and we were originally going to go out to dinner tonight but realized that we would be attending church tonight. So last night, we went to Texas Roadhouse in Harrisburg. Our waitress, Shelle, took excellent care of us and we gave her a nice tip. We started with cheddar cheese and bacon fries, I had steak, my wife had steak, my son had steak and my daughter had steak. It was steakin' good. Steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak.

5 comments:

B. Christman said...

I've stayed in two different Ronald McDonald Houses; Philadelphia and New York. My brother and I loved the arcade in the one in New York. The hospital wasn't nearly as fun...

I'm really looking forward to the long weekend... I don't have any plans, but I'm just glad that I'll have four days to relax.

Have a nice weekend!

Mr. Miller said...

Thanks Ben. You too!

Erin said...

I'm getting the feeling you like steak.

I feel special that you are following my blog, it makes me feel important.

My plans for the weekend are work, work, Kate's party, work in the morning and then sleep.

Have a nice long weekend Mr.Miller

Lisa Marie said...

Mr. Miller I am guessing you like steak. I personally am not a fan of steak. But I don't matter that much with that stuff. Well I hope you have a great break!!!!!hey that rhyms with steak.
Lisa Forgotch

personality: unique said...

I'm not only guessing that you like steak, but that you're whole family likes steak. Say happy birthday for me, even though he won't know who I am.