Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm reading The Fountainhead, and I'm really being drawn into it.

I have had a number of comments about my shirt. I think it's salmon. That's what I call it anyway. Yes, it's springy.

I think I'm hitting the links after school. The exercise will do me well. I'll be walking. Carts are for old people. And I'll carry my bag. I'm not a horrible golfer, but I'm not great either. Horrible would be struggling to break 100 and great would be consistently shooting in the 70's, so you can imagine where I fall. My daughter's special friend (that's dad talk for boyfriend) is a five (which means he usually shoots 77 or so) and though I haven't golfed with him yet, I look forward to it. Golf is interesting because you usually don't compete with the people you are playing with, you play the course, and that's why sometimes it's fun just to golf. There is a book, A Good Walk Spoiled, that is on my reading list. I think Rick Reilly wrote it but I haven't read it yet.

4 comments:

B. Christman said...

I've been thinking about reading The Fountainhead. What's it about?

It is a nice shirt.

I'm not very big on golf. I'd definitely consider myself a horrible golfer. That's probably due to the fact that I very rarely play... My brother loves to play though.

Erin said...

I have an outline, its just taken me awhile to get the story off the ground. I was sitting in creative writing and was wondering what to do with myself. So, I just started typing and now I have a prologue. A confusing prologue which captures the reader, the perfect prologue.

Mr. Miller said...

It's about two architects. One gets expelled from architect college because he feels that the education there is limiting, they only learn what others have done before and he wants to build buildings that are meaningful and efficient. The other character is the perfect students, does and says all the right things, follows all the rules, designs buildings based on what everyone else has already done, but has never had a creative idea. The book so far follows both of their early careers. That's about how far I've gotten. Page 112 out of 694.

B. Christman said...

It sounds pretty interesting. I'll have to check it out... Let's see... that would put me up to three books at once... wow...