Friday, March 6, 2009

Some of the kids are saying they are blocked from blogging. I'm not but my filters are different from theirs. I have mixed feelings about filters. In some ways they are necessary but in other ways they can really block what we are supposed to be doing here which is use this technology as part of the classroom and learning experience.
I wonder what it would be like to teach a class totally on line. I met a guy last year who was taking library courses on line and his professor was in Oregon, using satellite feeds for his class. My daughter is taking two on line classes right now. She never sees the instructor. I seem to need that interaction, but I guess I could learn.
I wonder what it would be like to teach college full time. Mr. Althouse used to teach here, math, and retired. He went to work for HACC as a tutor and now pretty much does it full time. I think he may work for Lebanon Valley a bit too. That could be fun. The classes I teach at the graduate level are fun, but I hate that they are over the weekends because that's my family time, and though family time is often just sitting around, it's still family time. I love my family. I hope you love your family too.
Brian's Song. I love Brian Piccillo. What a great movie! Never doesn't make me cry.
What movies make you cry? Most of the ones I listed make me cry.

No comments: