Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Passwords. There are so many passwords required for using computers. I have about four that I use in various situations. They are...just kidding. I'm not saying.
Went to the dentist again yesterday. I gave them the book McTeague. Good book from the naturalist school. Written by Frank Norris. It starts slow but it gets pretty good. Sort of humorously sad. It was one of those books that few people have read, but I did as part of an early American lit class. Basically, it's a story about a dentist who isn't really a dentist because he never went to school to be a dentist. He has the tools and actually does what dentists do, but he's so big and strong, he can pull a tooth with his bare hands. His fiance wins the lottery, he gets married, she gets cheap, he gets shut down from practicing dentistry, and it's all sad at the end, but the characters are neat in that Norris creates them as being strange in their own individual ways very much like we are strange in our own individual ways. Think of some examples.
I eat my least favorite food first to get it out of the way. My daughter never eats her pizza crust. I keep my money in a certain order in my wallet. Things like that.
I love to read. I love reading good stuff. Good, however, is a nebulous term.
That's an SAT word.

No comments: