Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's period 11 and the kids are just beginning to come in for class. We are finishing up the essays from the lit book and we are preparing for the quiz tomorrow.


Tonight my son and I are going to head up to the Giant Center to see Harrisburg and York play for the District 3 finals. York is undefeated. It should be some good basketball. I want to have a nice time out with my son. Maybe we'll grab some bad food, not bad food but bad for us food.

Lent starts tomorrow and though I'm not Catholic, I thought perhaps I'd like to give something up for lent. Meat? Chocolate? I don't drink that much soda, so that's really not a sacrifice. I should do sugar, but there's suger in so many things. And really, I don't do much sugar either. The meat could be the thing, but Saturday my wife and I are going to this thing at church and Subway is providing the meals, but I could probably pack. Meat! I have a little under 24 hours to consider it.

I gave a little quiz in class today to see what the kids knew about religious terms and they knew pretty much. I wonder if this class would.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Period eleven? Mr.Miller, you should know better. Here in Pennsylvania y'all are super religious. In North Carolina we hardly ever went to church but that's probably because we're heathen families.

Mr. Miller said...

North Carolina is the Bible belt. There are churches on every street.

Erin said...

Well, then I'm telling you, my family is a heathen family. We pretty much never went to church and I don't know anyone in my family that really does. The closest we ever got to a real sermon was at my great grandmother's funeral. Ever since I moved here, everytime i slept over at somebody's house on a Saturday, I was always going to a different church on Sunday. Its not that i have anything against it, i actually like going to church, its just i wasn't brought up like that.