Friday, February 20, 2009

I just changed my format yesterday and added my lists. It's difficult to come up with lists like that because after awhile, you think of things you should have added.

It's Friday. I'd say it's been an interesting week. I started the week in Florida and finished it here in Fredericksburg, overseeing the instruction of my little students, hopefully sharing the joys of reading and writing with them, inspiring them to become life long learner. I have a couple letters of recommendation to write, three actually, and I should probably be doing those, but I have to work up to them.

Letters of recommendation are interesting. Used to be you never saw them, you just trusted the writers of them to say things that were positive about you. Now, there are legal ramifications, so much so that I often wonder how much people really check recommendations and references. I believe in being truthful. If a student is one of the best I've had, I'll say that. A few years ago, I saw a couple letters that were written about me. To say the least, they were pretty interesting. Anyway, that's my little talk on letters of recommendation. Don't ask me for one if you haven't done much in my class. I will be honest. I won't lie.

Doughnuts are wonderful but they are bad for you. When I was a kids, having a coke float was a real treat. When I got older, I treated myself to coke floats often, and my waisteline suffered for it. Now, I rarely have them, so I guess they are a real treat again. I like to make my own. If you get one out, they get too foamy and I have found that you need to work them slowing, adding coke bit by bit rather than all at once. I also do the icecream first, packing it down into the cup and then watching the liquid fill in the cavities left in the packed icecream. Often those freeze and become little treats. Finally, you drink the liquid coke and icecream at the end. You also need something salty to offset the sweet. Pretzels are the best, really salty ones. Chips are best with pizza.

2 comments:

Kenny said...

O the background looks beautiful!

Nathan McKillop said...

I'm digging the backround and uhm I've been thinking about the bet and i change the free soda to a chapotles taco thing or whatever you were talking about for the past week.