Monday, December 7, 2009

I understand that my job as a teacher is to maintain some semblance of order in the classroom and I try my best to do that. However, there are times that I watch as students, well, they really aren't students, they are people whose sole purpose seems to be to come here and make the lives of those in authority miserable, truly effect the lives of people who have spent four years of their lives training to be teachers.

I watch kids just be nasty for the sake of being nasty. And we don't address it. We give chance after chance, and they continue to disrupt the educational process. They aren't here to learn; they are here to screw around and be disruptive. How are we helping these kids? Real life, we throw that term around an awful lot, in real life, they won't survive, or they'll learn real fast that they've either got to learn to tow the line, or go hungry, because I know of no jobs that require at least a high school education where you don't have to answer to someone.

Parents, if you love your kids, don't cover for them all the time. You're doing them a disservice. Let them fail and let them have to get out of the situations they find themselves in.

When a disruptive member of the student body is allowed to make the life of a professional miserable just for the sake of doing do, I get angry. That's today's vent.

No comments: