Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy. What does that really mean? I slept up until a bit before midnight on new years eve. We were tired. We're old. And we were in Florida. So a little before midnight, I awoke and watched universal's fireworks from the living room window. Yes, we were in Florida. I enjoy Florida. I enjoy being able to walk around in shorts in December. I enjoy all there is to do. I enjoy the change from where we live here in PA. I don't think my wife enjoys it as much as she once did.

There is a bit of frustration owning a home so far away and not being able to use it so much. I hate regrets, but I do feel that I regret buying that now, however, who knew what the economy would do to real estate prices in Florida. If anyone did, they kept it to themselves. So now is not the time to sell it. A life of regrets is a miserable way to live. We have it. It's there if we want to head down. We have a few friends we can see. Other than that, nothing more can be done. I guess it's an investment that I have to pay into.

I think I'd have to report that we had one of our best Christmases ever. Both kids were home. Both of their significant others were there. We had a delightful time of exchanging gifts. Christmas eve was great too. We all helped with the music for church. My daughter dusted off her flute and played beautifully. Those are good times.

Cooper had fun on the trip. As least I think he did. I started a fan page for him on Facebook. He's collecting fans. It's pretty funny. I post some pictures and label them for those who want to look at them.

Get a job that pays you enough to live the life you want to live. Happiness will come with that. Happiness is in relationships, but trust me, it's fleeting

No comments: