Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Stephanie

Today is my wife's birthday. If you are following this, and I can't imagine anyone with so little to do who would be, you probably realize that my wife had my daughter two days before her own birthday. My wife was still in the hospital on her birthday the year my daughter was born. I, being the loving husband that I am, took a cake in to her to celebrate her birthday. I, being the insensitive lout that I am, didn't realize that she was not wishing to eat cake since she had just shed a ton of weight, 8 lbs, 1 oz. of that was my daughter. The rest was, well, if you had health class, you know what that was. I won't describe.

The other day my wife whipped me in bowling on the wii.

Are we busy? For years, we have developed tools to allow us to have more free time, and so we invented dishwashers and clothes washers and dryers and we don't hunt, we buy food at the supermarket, and we work more and seem to have less money, and we might truly be busier than ever. Isn't that ironic? All of this technology should have made our lives easier, but instead, as it made our lives harder?

Someone let me know the answer. I'm too busy to figure it out.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I thought I was on facebook and was trying to find the "like" button I kid you not.