Monday, October 27, 2008

The Phils win. I'm having a difficult time focusing today. Perhaps I'm becoming tired. I think the change of seasons makes me tired. I hate getting up and coming to school in the dark, but next weekend is daylight savings time so we get back the hour we lost last spring. I was hoping to go golfing before we lose that hour in the afternoon but if I want to it will have to be this week.

I really do have deeper thoughts than these, but I figure I have to be pretty innocuous. That's a great SAT word. Innocuous. It's from the same root as innoculate. The doctor wanted to give me a flu shot a couple weeks ago but I said not. No way I want a strain of the flu injected in me.

The end of the marking period is this Wednesday. Where did that time go?

I am hoping the Phils can finish off the Rays tonight. Yesterday in church I was talking to a guy who had been at the game Saturday night. He only got home at 4:00AM. I guess it suddenly hit me that this may be the only chance I had to see the Phils in a world series live and I missed it. It's been 28 years since their last world series victory. I need to take more opporunities for these once in a life time experiences. If someone else had asked be whether or not he or she should go, I wouldn't have hesitated. I would have told him or her to go for it, regardless of the cost. But here I sit, frozen in my indecisiveness.....

No comments: