Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

October 31, 2008. Halloween.
I am not big on Halloween. When I say that I mean I am not big on the whole decorate your house and stuff. Little kids dressing up and going door to door, I guess it's cute. Mine did it until they were about ten or so, and they did stay in the neighborhood. I went trick or treating as a kid, again, just in the neighborhood. Sitting here thinking about it, I'd say there were fewer than 20 homes that we went to when we were children. The only costume I remember was when I dressed up as Robin, Batman's sidekick. That show was big back them with Burt Ward and Adam West. Now when I watch the reruns, it seems pretty tacky, but the idea of a utility belt and a batmobile intrigued me as a kid. The bat cave, that was cool. I think the appeal of superheroes is the dual personality/secret identity thing. Although I could never figure out how Superman could simply hide his identity by donning glasses. I can recognize people without their glasses.
Who was the Incredible Hulk when he wasn't the Incredible Hulk?
Who was Spiderman when he wasn't Spiderman?
Who was Batman when he wasn't Batman and who was Robin when he wasn't Robin?

No comments: