Monday, October 20, 2008

50th Wedding Anniversary

Yesterday was my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary. This weekend we traveled to North Carolina to celebrate. On Saturday night, we had a nice quiet family get together with a dinner and slide show that my wife and her sister had put together. My father in law shared how they met. She came to their school in third grade in Newmanstown, and she sat right in front of him. He asked her to the Christmas dance in their junior year and then they began dating his senior year. So really, they were childhood sweethearts. He had been in the marines, and he was making $87.50 a month and could never afford a proper engagement ring. So on Saturday as he was telling us all the story of their time together, he pulled out an engagement ring, a diamond, and put in on her finger. Pretty cool, the old romantic. I'll post some pictures later of the occasion. Anyway, 1000 miles from Friday after school to Sunday evening make for a tired teacher. Now it's off to correcting 11th grade research papers and getting back into the swing of things.

The Phillies will be playing the Rays in the world series beginning Wednesday.

Panera bread makes great bagels.

School is cool.

The weather is turning colder and there was frost on the pumpkin this morning, and my windshield.

Katie Hess is homecoming queen. Congratulations Katie.

We beat Donegal.

There is a lot of noise going on in the hall.

Winter sports callouts are tomorrow.

I am so pleased with my am class. They are reading quietly. I wonder if I could fall asleep.

No comments: