Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday evening. It's been a little while since I posted anything significant. The dog is adjusting to us as we are to him. He's the size of a small cat. I guess I consider it killing two birds with one stone. That's an idiom and we have been discussing idioms in the final of the three classes I just completed teaching yesterday. It's quite tiring, this teaching business because you have to be up all the time. From the moment the first student arrives until the last student leaves, you have to be the teacher. At NL, I get little breaks between classes where I can let down my guard a bit, but these classes are hard. Teaching teachers also adds an additional pressure because who is to say that I know any more than they do. But I'm grateful for the opportunity (now that it's over) to teach.

I've gotten the beginning of the year letters advising me when to be there and what we will be doing for the first couple days. Where did the summer go?

I guess the biggest news is that Chipotle Mexican Grill opened this weekend in Harrisburg. My son and daughter went. I didn't. I understand that on Friday they were giving away free burritos and that the line was all the way around the block. Free burritos. Life is good. I haven't been there yet but my daughter, either in an attempt to somehow gain my favor, or just because she's a nice girl, brought me a burrito bowl. That's a burrito without the shell in a bowl.

Looks like there have been some changes to my schedule this year. Looking forward to it, sort of. I may be teaching some old stuff again that I haven't taught for a while. That's all good because I love literature.

Not much else. Another Saturday night watching whatever is on the tube. Daughter's with the BF and son's at a wedding. Not his, or I'd be there.

No comments: