Thursday, July 2, 2009


View from the room this morning. Beautiful. The weather held out until about 1 oclock. Then the heavens opened again. Lots of rain here in Florida. I understand it's been raining a lot at home as well.
I began a book today and I'm not sure where it's going. First, it was left here in the room and I was bored so I thought I'd try it. A New York Times list book. I don't get it. I'll probably continue reading to see if it goes anywhere. I still haven't found Atlas Shrugged. I went to a Borders last week and it wasn't there.
Is anyone out there?
The kids here in the hotel have this game they play on the elevators. It's a game I'd like to put to an end really quickly. It has something to do with using the elevators to go from one floor to the next, circling the hotel and then racing another kid to the next floor. Where are the parents?
I understand Shaq is going to Cleveland. Interesting.
Tomorrow we head back to Orlando. Dishwasher shopping. Joy.
After that, hopefully I can get a few holes of golf in.
Bones. A new show I've discovered. Pretty well written but I'm unsure how accurate it is.
Don't you hate it when you want something from a vending machine, and it won't take your money. That happened tonight. I was seriously willing to pay, sit down for this, $1.75 for a Hershey bar, and the machine wouldn't accept the bills. I did the edge of the machine thing, I crumbled the bill into a ball, flattened it, and tried it again....nothing. Suddenly what I was doing became real to me. I was spending $1.75 to satisfy a craving that wasn't necessary. I put the money back in my wallet and walked away.

No comments: