Thursday, July 16, 2009

I just returned to Pennsylvania from an extended trip to Florida. Sixteen hours in a car at my age was a bit much. Shaking off the aches and pains, I decided to update my blog. I don't have any comments so I'm not sure if I've fallen into a cyber black hole.

The weather was hot, really hot, and I don't recall one day that we didn't have some rain. Last Sunday, Jared and I were golfing and as we putted out the last hole, we turned and watched a wall of water coming towards us down the fairway. We could literally see where the water started.

I met some interesting characters on my golf adventures. One claimed to have played a few holes with Tiger Woods and that he'd be playing with Mike Schmidt later that week. I believed him. The highlight after playing four rounds with total strangers was playing with my daughter's boyfriend, Jared. He is quite and accomplished golfer.

We traveled to Vero Beach one day. That's the pictures I posted. Monday we made a trip to the other coast for a day in Clearwater Beach. Beautiful! I had never been to the gulf side before and it was just gorgeous. The water was warm and blue and quite nice for swimming. We parked at a public beach, fed the parking meter and spent three hours just soaking in the sun and water and views.

Of course we made a few trips over to Walt Disney World. The big news while we were down was the monorail accident that killed one of the pilots. That was sad. Locally, the news was constant. We did ride the monorail later that week putting any fear aside.

Jared hasn't been to Disney much, so we were able to show him the in's and out's of the park. I grew a little emotional as we left the Magic Kingdom. Our annual passes were expiring that night. I haven't renewed them since I don't know when we'll be down again.

I'm teaching three grad classes for three straight weeks. The a couple weeks off before school starts. I don't know what to expect this year, but I'm looking forward to new classes.

Lawnmowers are pains. I'll explain that more later.

No comments: