Friday, July 3, 2009

Michael Jackson has died. So has Karl Malden and Billy Mays. The media is obsessed with the deaths of celebrities. The morning news has been one MJ story after another. I was alive for Elvis. This makes that pale. But the circumstances are different as well. For example, when Elvis died, people were listening to the radio for news, there were only three networks, and there was no full time news on TV. The only full time news radio station was KYW out of Philly. Though similarities can be drawn, the differences are evident.

I was teaching school at Reading High when MJ first did his famous moonwalk. I must admit when I saw it, I had to ask myself, how did he do that. And so, I tried to do it myself. I think I pulled a muscle or something.

I will be teaching for three weeks in a row after we get back. I have to get up for that. Shouldn't complain though.

No comments: