Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday Evening

A nice weekend. Relaxing enough but not totally. I mulched. I guess that's a verb now. I just made it one.

We welcomed a new pastor at our church today. It was quite eventful. He comes from Fargo, ND and replaces the only pastor our church ever had, for the past 37 years. That is a long time, and yet I feel confident that the new pastor will do just fine.

I've been golfing quite a bit, and I've been golfing poorly. Each round I seem to shoot one shot higher. I went to two graduation parties. I haven't begun any summer reading yet. I was in the pool a couple times. I sold our bowflex to Mrs. Schafebook so she can be buff now. We cat sat my daughter's boyfriend's cat. That's a double possessive. Now I am watching the Lakers beat the Magic. I would like to see the Magic win, they are the underdogs and usually I root for the underdogs, and they aren't a Philly team, and I do sort of consider Orlando a second home.

My wife and I had dinner with my brother and his wife on Thursday evening. I am amazed at how much my brother has grown to resemble my father. He always has looked like dad, but in his later years, the resemblence is uncanny. Me, I don't know who I look like. I guess I must resemble my mom's side of the family because I really don't look at all like my bro.

This has been a random catchup entry. Sorry for the lack of intellectual stimulative content. Maybe next week I'll discuss the meaning of life.

No comments: