Friday, June 5, 2009

School's Out for Summer

An old rock song. I think Pink Floyd. Not sure.

Commencement was a ball, a beach ball. That got old, quick. But it's not really that original. Now the year they had the inflatable cow. That was original.

I am running on about 3 hours sleep. The party at the Y after commencement lasted until 2 am but then after I got home and settled, I still woke at about 5:30. I didn't need to be here until 8 but I didn't know that because I mustn't have been paying attention so I arrived at the usual 7:15. Silly me.

Today is my 27th anniversary. My wife and I are about to head out to dinner at the Stouch Tavern. It's one of our favorite restaurants. The owners are old friends of my dad.

I really felt a special closeness to a number of the seniors this year. I got so many lovely goodbyes, notes, cards and just thank you's and I was touched by so many of these gestures. There were very many special seniors and I wish them all well.

2 comments:

B. Christman said...

Wow... 3 hours of sleep... That sucks...

Wow! Happy anniversary! I wish you both many, many more years of happiness. ^_^

Mr. Miller said...

Thanks Ben. I down loaded your writing and will be checking it out this week. Keep in touch!